Lead

Nov 4 04 3:28 PM

Tags : :

user posted image

this makes me a very sad panda, as it's the only thing keeping me from switching entirely to Windows x64 (64bit Windows for AMD64/EMT64)

Is there anything that can be done about this? I realise that I'm probably one of very few people to even care at this point in time, and that it's currently of little consequence.... but it's still rather annoying that I can't use my XBox controller (all the drivers I've tried - PSXPad, XID, CuxCtrl, XBCD - have this or similar errors) to test games on Windows x64

I'm happy to test any drivers or hacks that might work if nobody else has access to Windows x64...
Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 7 04 1:41 AM

Windows says that it couldn't find a driver for the device. Point one. I have read the Troubleshooting and the usbviewer sayd:

user posted image
Unbekanntes Gerät = Unknow Device

Click on port 1 of the Generic USB Hub and notice the values idVendor and idProduct on the right side panel.

Open "xbcd.inf" with Notepad and look for the following entries.

[DeviceList]
"XBCD XBox Gamepad"=Install, USB\VID_0738&PID_4516
"XBCD XBox Gamepad"=Install, USB\VID_0738&PID_4526
"XBCD XBox Gamepad"=Install, USB\VID_0738&PID_4536
"XBCD XBox Gamepad"=Install, USB\VID_045E&PID_0285
"XBCD XBox Gamepad"=Install, USB\VID_045E&PID_0202

These entries belong to different gamepads from different manufacturers. As you might have noticed, VID_xxxx contains the value from idVendor in USB View and PID_xxxx contains the value from idProduct. For your gamepad to be recognized during the driver installation, just make a new entry in "xbcd.inf" with the idVendor and idProduct of your gamepad, save the file, and try installing the driver again.

Hmm, thats bad without the ID´s
Have anywon an idea to fix this Problem?

Greets, EnemieOne

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#4 [url]

Nov 8 04 5:50 AM

I really don't know when I'll add 64-bit support to the drivers since I don't own any AMD64 systems right now and I wouldn't want to have someone else test the driver on their PC because there would be a very good chance of encountering some BSOD's.

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#7 [url]

Nov 8 04 10:53 PM

Every single time I've seen "Device Failed Enumeration" in USBView, the problem has been related to the wire connections; other than that, I guess it could also be a problem with power.

I would try plugging the gamepad into the integrated USB ports on the back of the computer just in case there's a problem with the wiring of the front USB ports.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 9 04 11:41 PM

@ Redcloud

The back usb ports do not work either, and I' know that the wire isn't broken.

Everything I tried failed, it must be my system!
I think there is a problem with my asus mainboard, and the intel chipset on my pc.
some usb devices cause problems, do you thnik a new driver could correct that?

Frankdeluxe

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#9 [url]

Nov 10 04 2:45 AM

It's possible that the problem is being caused by the driver for the motherboard's USB controller.

If you can try it out on another computer besides your old one, see if it works so that way you'll know for a fact that the problem is with your new computer.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 11 04 3:01 AM

I think this topic is "the driver can't working on WinXP64".

I wanna using M$ WindowsXP 64bit for playing game.The performance is better than WinXP32.
Holp Redcl0ud help us using the xbox controller THX!!

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#12 [url]

Dec 16 04 7:54 AM

Allright guys, I know all of you really want to get the driver working on Windows XP 64 but it will be very difficult to get this working without having an Athlon 64 system. I have even tried to emulate an x86-64 system using Bochs but it seems to be missing some code needed for this to work.

If any of you have a Athlon 64 CPU or motherboard that you would like to donate, let me know. Or if you want to help with some money, you can donate to a PayPal fund I have set up just for this by going to this page, XBCD for Windows x64; I'll update the page to reflect the balance in the fund.

I'm going to keep trying to get the driver to compile for Windows XP 64. When I have any versions for testing, I'll post them here so that I can get some feedback.

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#14 [url]

Feb 17 05 7:10 AM

I haven't had much time to try compiling for AMD64 because of work, school, and the new version of XBCD which I'm working on.

I'm hoping to get some parts soon to put together an Athlon64 system so that I can use it for developing, that's why I've been keeping up with the release candidates and downloading them.

Quote    Reply   

Redcl0ud

Advanced Member

#16 [url]

Apr 3 05 12:26 AM

I was also able to compile it without those two functions, but axes calculations like deadzone and scaling can't be done correctly without them.

Right now, I'm experimenting with putting those two functions into an .asm file and including the file with the other sources so that it can be compiled with ml64.exe. I'm testing it with ml.exe in the XP DDK since I don't have a 64 system to test it with, and so far it compiles just fine but the functions aren't being called correctly or something because the data is not affected by them. I'll keep trying until I figure out what's wrong.

Besides the driver, the other problem with porting to 64-bits is the size of the data moving back and forth between the driver, the setup utility, and the rumble DLL. Those problems would be hard to get rid of without a 64-bit system.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 1 05 5:07 PM

I've successfully compiled the base driver (without rumble support) for x64, but I want to get Redcl0ud's permission before I distribute it. I've sent him a PM on Monday, but haven't heard back yet. If I still don't get a response by next week, I'll send it out anyway.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 5 05 4:56 PM

Redcl0ud still hasn't responded, so I'm gonna put them up. I will take them down if he asks. I am providing these drives as-is with no promises. This driver is the source code from Redcl0ud's 1.07 release, recompiled for AMD64 architecture. I have tested them on my AMD64 3200+ with Battlefield2 and Psychonauts and they work fine. However, that does not guarantee that they will work on your system as well. You use these at your own risk. I also have not had time to write an installer or installation instructions. If you know how to install/upgrade drivers, then you should be able to figure it out. If not, then maybe you shouldn't be attempting to install these.

The drivers can be found here: http://63.203.251.254/xbcd-amd64.zip. Once again, I am not providing any support and you are using these at your own risk. Enjoy.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help