Lead

May 7 09 11:21 PM

Tags : :

I am running Windows 7 RC (7100) x64 and trying to install XBCD. I've been an XBCD user since the 360 came out and ppl were hacking drivers together. Never had problems under XP.

I'm really liking Windows 7 RC so far, and would like to use it as my main OS. However I need to use XBCD because I cannot play racing games with the default MS drivers. I must have seperate trigger axis and rumble/deadzone control.

I tried installing 0.2.6 drivers but nothing works. I install it, but the XBCD util doesnt start. No errors or anything it just doesnt work. The control panel entry doesnt work either. I cant update drivers for HID/Xbox driver in device manager. Under device manager, I have HID-Compliant Game Controller and USB Input Device which says the location is Xbox 360. I dont know which one I'm supposed to try to update.

I realize vista/7 has driver signing. I am in Test mode thanks to a util called Driver Signature Enforcement Overider Tool. But no matter what I simply cannot install this driver. Either Im not doing it right (no clear instructions available) or it simply doesnt work under Windows 7 (or Vista x64 either).

So what can I do? Is anyone running Windows 7 x64 with XBCD? I really need to install this driver because I'm considering downgrading to XP just to have it, its that important for me. It would be so nice if MS would simply release drivers with built in deadzone settings and make the triggers on seperate axis. Then all this wouldnt be necessary. But until then I'd love to figure this all out. I'm really like Windows 7 and would like to keep it. Thanks for any help!
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

May 8 09 2:13 AM

Ok so I followed the directions posted on the bottom of this thread: http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1535&st=75

I rebooted, hit F8 and went into test mode. This is weird because I already enabled it through that util I downloaded but whatever. When I goto device manager, XBCD finally shows up with no errors it seems.

However, if I goto Device and Printers page, and goto Game Controller Settings, it says I have a Mad Catz 4516. This is wrong, as I have the normal 360 gamepad. When I goto calibration its all over the place, the triggers and thumbstick dont work, and all the buttons just light up all over the place.

I also cannot launch the XBCD setup utility at all. I click and click on the icon in Control Panel but nothing comes up. I dont think theres anything there frankly.

So I'm almost there. If I can figure out how to use the drivers without having to use F8 all the time, and calibrate it properly I'd be very happy.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 8 09 3:03 PM

Ok. I rebooted normally and now I get a yellow triagle with an ! in for the controller. Even though I installed that Overrider tool and it says I'm in test mode it simply doesnt work. I have to manually hit F8 to get into test mode for this driver be recognized, but it still doesnt work.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 9 09 2:21 AM

use 0.2.6 instead of XBCD 360

you can't load unsigned drivers in test signed mode.

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
VBA-M, NGOHQ, Post Impact Productions, XBCD 0.2.7
Specs
CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 275, Sound:Creative SBXFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB Caviar Black, 1TB Spinpoint F3, 500GB Caviar Blue
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 9 09 9:16 PM

I reinstalled W7 from scratch. I tried installing ReadyDrive but it doesnt work under W7. At least with its default partition scheme. W7 creates a 200mb system partition where the boot files go and its untouchable within windows. Will have to wait until they make Readydrive work with W7.

So I booted into unsigned test mode.

Ran the 0.2.6 install as Admin, and installed the certificate. Rebooted again in unsigned test mode.

When I goto to Device Manager it still loads the MS drivers it seems. However when I goto Devices and Printers window, and goto "Game Controller Settings" on the gamepad icon, it says XBCD Xbox 360 Controller. When I view properties it shows me the standard button/axis view etc.

So Im not sure if its using XBCD or MS drivers. I still need to know why the XBCD setup utility doesnt work. It will not load, because I dont think 0.2.6 even installs it.

Should I uninstall the MS drivers before installing XBCD? Because as soon as windows restarts it will automatically install its own driver and probly overwrite XBCD. If not, all I need to know is how to get the XBCD setup utility to work.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 10 09 1:49 AM

No, do not uninstall the windows drivers.

the device name changes in game controllers because i modify the device input reg key with the installer. You must now manually update to the xbcd driver via the driver update wizard.

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
Specs
CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 275, Sound:Creative SBXFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 10 09 3:19 AM

Ok so I did that. I manually updated the driver but I had to uncheck the compatible box and scroll down to XBCD entries. Is that correct?

Anyway I goto device and printers window, and see the controller. However the buttons go insane when I move the thumbstick.

Also can you please tell me why XBCD utility isnt working? Does your driver include it at all because nothing happens when I click it.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 11 09 2:21 AM

Well I think Im done. I just cant get XBCD to work. ReadyDriverPlus doesnt work, XBCD doesnt work. Maybe I'm the only one crazy enough to try to get this thing to work. I've asked on a few other forums and it seems no is trying XBCD under 7 RC so I guess its just too early. Perhaps when Windows 7 final is released things will shape up. But I'm rebuilding my system tomorrow and I'm going back to XP. Hopefully by the time I have Windows 7 up and running I'll get a Logitech G25 by then.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 11 09 9:22 PM

I will be installing windows 7 in the coming days and will write up a guide on how to install it.

PS, if you're basing your findings on the XBOX tab of the setup utility, then thats normal for 360 controls.

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
Specs

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 15 09 3:35 PM

coming days has turned into as soon as i get my stuff through customs....

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
Specs

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 16 09 6:47 PM

I just modded a original xbox1 controller (S version) and it runs great on my Win 7 (RTM) machine with XBCD0.2.6 but only in test mode but thats no issue for me.

So thnx for this great peace of software!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 8 09 11:09 PM

thats just for a WHQL certificate.

the important Certificate is the Digital Signature from Verisign on the xbcd.sys file.

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
Specs

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 16 09 10:41 AM

thats the one.

XBCD HAS MOVED

user posted image
Specs

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 21 09 3:19 AM

Dude, make a poll to know how many people is willing to donate.

I'm feeling some sort of anxiety attack every time that I found a game or emulator that doesn't allow me to use my FightPad!!!

I think that microsoft should not enforce the use digitally signed drivers on 64bit Win7.
A lot freeware developers don't have that kind of money.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help